8th International Projection Mapping Competition
1minute Projection Mapping in Odawara Castle
～ Application ～
【 Introduction 】
1minute Projection Mapping is historical competition becoming one of Asia’s largest international projection mapping festival that began in 2012. This time will the 8th time for it to be held. We change the venue and theme every year as our focus is to motivated participants to create new works. The works created for the 1 minute projection mapping competition has been increasing in quality every year and we are proud of it to be a world-class event.
The last competition was held at the Miyazaki Prefectural Museum of Art on the magnificent theme of “Large Architecture” and “Mythology”, and it was a competition where great works with a sense of scale were gathered. In this 8th competition, the motif is a Japanese castle, one of the most iconic Japanese architecture. This will be one of the most challenging projection mapping ever.
【 Theme for 8th Competition 】
The theme of the video production on the wonderful canvas of Odawara Castle is “Dream”. In Japan, a new epoch just began in May with the name of the new era ” Reiwa”.
Many people have dreams and hopes for the future. During the era of warriors when this castle was built, many samurais dreamed that they could become lords of a country and a castle. Feel free to express the strength that drives the people with their dreams and hope, or the fragility against it, or a dream that exceeds human imagination etc.
We hope that historical works will be created on this historical architecture and this competition will be the one that people can feel the future. It is a very rare opportunity to create a projection mapping works on a Japanese castle. We look forward to challenges from you to create a “dream” beyond imagination!
【 Competition overview 】
■ Official Event Name：1minute Projection Mapping in Odawara Castle
～ 8th international projection mapping competition in Japan ～
■ Host：Executive comittee of Hojo Soun’s 500 years award
■ Assisted by：Odawara-shi tourist association
■ Produced by：Projection Mapping Association of Japan
【 Site and Building Information 】
- Odawara Castle (6 Jonai Odawara City, Kanagawa, 250-0014)
Google Map (https://goo.gl/maps/VZEi9KT6tAk)
- Mapping Building Size：39m(Wide)×50m(Height)
【 Movie Format 】
- Resolution：3840 x 2400 pixel
- Frame Rate：30/fps
- File Format：Quicktime(MOV), Photo JPEG Animation, MP4(H264)
- Duration：1’00-1’59(more than 1 minute, less than 2 minutes)
- File name of image data : TeamName_title_SubmissionDate
- Sound：Embedded into the movie file, or send the WAV data with the same duration
- There are columns to fill the “TEAM NAME” “TITLE” and “Length of movie” inside the Illustrator and Aftereffects files that we provide. Please fill them in when you create your work.
【 Template Files（2D & 3D）】
After your online registration from the link, the contest office will send the template data to you.
(※ The distributed template data is not allowed to use for other purposes)
【 Schedule 】
- By July 31st, 2019 you need to send the filled Application Form.
- ※For those who made entries, various information will be sent from the Secretariat as needed.
The Contestants will have to submit the following
- By July 31st, 2019 JST 23:59- Deadline for submission of entry work
- August 28th, 2019－The Contestants passed the first stage will be informed by e-mail and at our WEB site.
- September 20th – 23rd, 2019 – Presentation of Finalists’ works
- September 22nd, 2019 – Final Result
※Each schedule may change due to the circumstances of the venue or event.
【 Finalists 】
Finalists’ works：16 – 18 works
※The finalist works may not be demonstrated at the mapping event if there is a copyright issue or improper (adult/violent) content.
※The works that are not selected, will also be tested on the building and recorded the scene. However, this is not a guarantee.
【 Information about submissions and applications 】
- Movie format: MOV, MP4 format, audio embedding
Resolution: 3840 × 2400 pixel
※ There is a space to fill in your “Team name”, “Title” and “Video length” in the distributed Illustrator / AfterEffects files, please fill it in.
※ Please submit the video of the primary screening at the same length as the final screening. It is possible to brush up on the work later, but please submit it after completing the work as much as possible. Works that are too incomplete and too rough may not be subjected to review.
- Title (upon submission video data)
- Description of the work concept, theme and content (about 200 words, upon submission video data)
- 1 Capture image of the work (3840 × 2400 pixels, upon submission video data)
- Creator name, Team name, Company name (Entry name to be written and published)
- Creator, Team profile (approx. 200 words)
- Image of the creator/production team’s photo, logo, etc.
- Name and contact information of the representative (E-mail, address, telephone number)
- Country (s)
- Home page URL, Facebook page, blog etc.
- Other special notes and notices regarding application
【 Submission Method 】
- You can submit from the application form link below
※Production template data will be distributed to those who applied.
- Use an online download service such as the http://firestorage.com or http://gigafile.nu/, and email the URL where your project is posted, to PMAJ Office:＜email@example.com＞
- You can submit from the application form link below
【 Awards 】
Grand Prix, 2nd Prize, Jury’s Prize, Odawara Prize, Audience Prize etc…
An extra prize will be given to each award winner.
Grand prix winner will be given 1,000,000 YEN and invited to the next 1 minute projection mapping event as a guest creator. More details will be informed.
【 Jury 】
Experts, Guest Creators, organizers, more… More details will be informed.
【 Consideration 】
The project with the following prohibited matters is NOT accepted
- The contents are not based on our mapping template.
- When the data is damaged or video data cannot be reproduced.
- The contents have so strong political and religious messages that some audience may feel uncomfortable.
- The duration is too short or too long.
- Submission after the deadline.
*)If it will be late with some valid reason, let us know in advance.
- Guarantee that the submitted work does not infringe the intellectual property rights and ownership of the third party. In the unlikely event that an offer or dispute from a third party is raised due to infringement, the applicant will be solely responsible for the financial burden (including attorneys’ fees) for the solution, compensation for damages, etc. And, the organizers of this project are not disclaimed at all.
- Please apply for materials such as photos / videos / music / sound effects used for the entry work after making the applicant own possession and control of copyright etc.
- The organizers cannot cope with problems such as copyright infringement, claims, etc. In addition, works that infringe various rights will lose their qualifications for the international convention, and if their findings have been awarded, the award will be cancelled, and prizes and sub prizes will be returned.
- Please consider the content because a wide range of people from children to the elderly will enjoy the works will be screened.
- Applicants should not release videos or local records without permission to websites, SNS, or any other location where a third party can view them before the screening results of this competition are issued (for ensuring fairness of judgement). However, it should be possible to share the things that the organizers / planners provide videos and information to the public.
- Unauthorized use or reproduction of the template data sent from the organizer is prohibited.
If it is not clear, feel free to contact us by e-mail: PMAJ Office:＜firstname.lastname@example.org＞
【 Copy Right and Content Use 】
- The copyright for the video and sound source data of the submitted work belongs to the producer and production group. However, at the time of screening, PMAJ may make adjustments (brightness, contrast, color tone, volume control, etc. of the image) under the management responsibility and in a state suitable for the screening. The copyright holder does not exercise the copyright ‘s moral right for the act.
- The video data of the submitted works will be under the control of the Projection Mapping Association of Japan (PMAJ), with the sponsoring executive committee and PMAJ having the right to use them. The screening shall be possible even after this project.
- PMAJ and the organizing executive committee can record videos and photos of this project.
- PMAJ and the organizing executive committee shall be able to develop and sell various goods and products using recorded images and videos of projection mapping conducted at the venue.
- The organizers and photographers have full ownership rights regarding the photos and videos of the records taken by the organizers and planners.
- The provided images and recorded records can be used by PMAJ, the organizing executive committee, co-sponsors, and the sponsor of the event for publicity and reporting of the project, projection mapping, and event introduction.
- If there are co-sponsors, sponsors, cooperating companies, etc., the appearance of the screening can be used for product advertising and promotion of each company under PMAJ management.
- Upon submission of the entry, the applicant agrees to all of the above, and promises not to exercise copyright or morality for any use, including secondary use by PMAJ.
【 Movies 】
Competition office (in Projection Mapping Association of Japan)