The 『1minute Projection Mapping in Odawara Castle』will […]
「1 minute Projection Mapping in Odawara Castle」will tak […]
◆ The flow of entering after opening the gate Please sh […]
1minute Projection Mapping is an international competition and one of the biggest mapping contests displaying video works onto an existing building in Asia area.
1minute Projection Mapping is an international competition and one of the biggest mapping contests displaying video works onto an existing building in Asia area.Projection mapping has been recognized as a cool and hot media art in the world. In Japan,the “1minute Projection Mapping” started in 2012, and many great artworks from the world have been demonstrated at several art festivals.It has been a great opportunity for many people to understand and enjoy "projection mapping" in open space.
We change the festiavl place to Miyazaki from 7th edition in 2018.You can see various and high quality works from all over the world,It is the the one and only projection mapping project.
8th International Projection Mapping Competition
1minute Projection Mapping in Odawara Castle
【 Organization 】
■ Official Event Name：1minute Projection Mapping in Odawara Castle
～ 8th international projection mapping competition in Japan ～
■ Theme of the year："Dream"
■ Presented by：Executive comittee of Hojo Soun's 500 years award
■ Assisted by：Odawara-shi tourist association
■ Produced by：Projection Mapping Association of Japan
【 Schedule 】
- Entry deadline: July 31st, 2019
※The template and various information will be sent from the Secretariat as needed.
- Work submission deadline: August 19th, 2019
- Primary works judgment: August 20th, 2019 ～
- Announcement of finalist: August 28th, 2019 (E-mail notification to all applicants, notification on WEB)
- Finalist works screening: September 20th-September 23rd, 2019
- Result announcement: September 22nd, 2019
- Entry deadline: July 31st, 2019
※Each schedule may change due to the circumstances of the venue or event.
[Competition Event Information]
Name: 8th International Projection Mapping Competition “1minute Projection Mapping in Odawara Castle”
Dates: 20th September, 2019 - 23rd September, 2019
Venue: Odawara castle (6, Jonai, Odawara, Kanagawa, 250-0014)
* Tickets are now on sale between 500yen to 5,000yen.
* Standing open space are available. (There are some invisible area by trees or tents.)
[Screenings and Special Programs]
◆ International Projection Mapping Competition
The works gathered from all over the world will be judged strictly and 19-20 works that passed the primary screening will be screened.
Among them, the world's best was decided through a open review on 22nd September.
* Special work screening of guest artists
* Screening of special work by last year's Grand Prix creators
* A collaboration work of Kabuki by Shido Nakamura and projection mapping
◆ Lighting performance by EL SQUAD
◆ Japanese dram performance by Soyo-Daiko
◆Japanese dram performance by Hojo-Daiko
"1minute Projection Mapping" was held as a projection mapping show to the first architecture in the country which was held in Zushi City, Kanagawa Prefecture.
Since the following year it has been held annually as a festival of art called Zushi Media Art Festival (ZMAF).
And in 2012, we will hold the first "1minute Projection Mapping".
You can see the past winning works and the contents of the event from the link below.